Bet Labs Strategy
The goal of the Bet Labs Strategy page is to help users make smarter bets. Whether you are new to gambling or a seasoned handicapper this is an educational resource to help you wager more intelligently. Learn everything from how much to bet, what makes a good betting system, how to calculate implied probabilities and more.
- All Good Betting Systems Start with an Idea: Can you explain why your system is successful? Don’t data mine without a theory.
- The Importance of Sample Size: The more results a winning betting system has the more likely it is to succeed long term.
- Consistent Year-to-Year Results: When building a betting systems, be like Tom Brady.
- How to Test for Overfitting: Did you find the Holy Grail of sports betting or did you just custom-fit data to produce a winning system?
- How Much to Bet: One of the biggest mistakes recreational bettors make is wagering too much on one outcome. How much should you bet?
- Number of Bets: If you are going to bet against the public then you need to focus on games with a lot of bets.
- Removing Juice: Get a better understanding of the betting market by learning how to remove the juice from bets.
- Implied Probabilities: If you don’t know how to calculate implied probabilities from betting odds you are hurting your chance of making a profit.
- The Gambler’s Fallacy: This common betting error could be costing you a lot of money.
- Confirmation Bias: What is confirmation bias and how does it lead to poor decision making?
- Does Betting Against the Public Still Work: What can betting percentages tell us about fading square bettors.
- Martingale Systems Do Not Work: Buyer beware, “chase” systems are a losing proposition.
- Should you Hedge your Future Bet: What does the math say about hedging a bet?
- Multiverse Theory in Sports: This is why smart bettors are on the winning side even when they lose.
Ready to create your own systems?