After sitting out Wild Card Weekend the New England Patriots will be back in action on Saturday. Tom Brady and crew are once again the top seed in the AFC and the most likely Super Bowl Champion.
Bill Belichick and Brady have done a lot of winning but little when it comes to cashing tickets in the playoffs. Here are 5 ATS stats that will annoy the Pats fan in your life.
- Tom Brady is the second least profitable playoff quarterback (12-16 ATS, -4.6 units) in our database; Matt Ryan is number one (0-5 ATS, -5.0 units).
- As the top seed in the AFC, the Patriots are 4-9 ATS.
- As a favorite of 7 or more points in the postseason, New England is 6-9 ATS and 1-3 ATS when favored by 10 or more points.
- When getting more than 50% of the spread bets in the playoffs, the Pats are 7-10 ATS.
- Off a bye in the postseason, the Patriots are 8-12 ATS.
Sure, Brady and Belichick have the rings but remind the Pats fans you know that when it comes to making money in the playoffs, the Patriots are the Browns of cashing tickets.
If the against-the-spread stats don’t work, then these gifs will surely get them riled up.