Kevin Durant drilled a 3-pointer with 45.3 seconds left over LeBron James to help the Golden State Warriors rally from down six in the closing minutes and beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 118-113 on Wednesday. The Warriors now have a commanding 3-0 series lead. LeBron and the Cavs are on the brink of elimination. Game 4 is Friday in Cleveland, here is everything you need to know.
Golden State -5.5
The Warriors opened as 2-point favorites in Game 3 but after covering the spread in three straight games bookmakers have installed Golden State as sizeable road favorites. Early action is supporting Steph Curry and crew, 66% of spread bets and 85% of money wagered are on the Dubs. The Warriors are 6.5-point favorites at many books.
The total for Game 4 is 228.5. That would be the largest over/under for an NBA Finals game since 2005 and the second biggest playoff total in our database.
2017 NBA Playoff Trends
- Favorites: 44-32 (57.9%) ATS, +9.9 units
- Road teams: 48-28 (63.2%) ATS, +18.0 units
- Teams getting 60% or more of spread bets: 27-10 (73.0%) ATS, +15.7 units
- OVER: 46-30 (60.5%), +14.3 units
- Cleveland is 12-4 straight-up and 8-7-1 ATS in 2017 playoffs
- At home in the playoffs, LeBron is 64-45 (58.7%) ATS
- As a home underdog in the postseason LeBron is 3-6 straight-up and 5-4 ATS
- LeBron is 20-14 ATS at home in the playoffs after a loss
- When getting <50% of spread bets at home in the playoffs LeBron is 32-18 (64.0%) ATS
- Since returning to Cleveland in 2014, LeBron is 5-10 ATS after a playoff loss
- Golden State is 15-0 straight-up and 11-4 ATS in 2017 playoffs
- Warriors have won 30 of last 31 games (23-8 ATS)
- Favorites against LeBron in the NBA Finals are 17-8 ATS
- Since 2005, teams getting 60% or more of spread bets have gone 228-248 (47.9%), -30.2 units
- After beating LeBron in the playoffs, teams are 28-42 ATS in the next game
- Favorites of 6 or more points on the road in the playoffs are 27-14 (65.9%) ATS since 2005
Cavs vs. Warriors Game 4
Got a betting theory you want to test?