The Golden State Warriors have a 2-0 series lead in the NBA Finals. With Steve Kerr back on the bench the Warriors once again routed the Cavs 132-113 in Game 2. LeBron James is averaging a triple-double but it has not been enough. Can Cleveland find a way to win or will the series be over early? Game 3 of the NBA Finals is Wednesday in Believeland, here is everything you need to know.
Golden State -2
After back-to-back blowout wins, 79% of spread bets are on the Warriors to cover in Game 3. It is early so expect the percentage of bets to decrease but the Dubs will likely close with the majority of public support.
Per SportsInsights, 71% of spread dollars are also on the Warriors causing the line to move to Golden State -3.
The total in Game 1 was 225 and went UNDER by more than 20 points. The total in Game 2 was 222 and went OVER by more than 20 points. Oddsmakers opened Game 3’s line 225.5 and it is still available but the line is as high as 227 at some books. Be sure to shop around for the best line.
2017 NBA Playoff Trends
- Favorites: 43-32 (57.3%) ATS, +8.9 units
- Road teams: 47-28 (62.7%) ATS, +17.0 units
- Teams getting 60% or more of spread bets: 26-10 (72.2%) ATS, +14.8 units
- OVER: 45-30 (60.0%), +13.3 units
- Cleveland is 12-3 straight-up and 8-6-1 ATS in 2017 playoffs
- At home in the playoffs, LeBron is 64-44 (59.3%) ATS
- As a home underdog in the postseason LeBron is 3-5 straight-up and 5-3 ATS
- LeBron is 20-13 ATS at home in the playoffs after a loss
- When getting <50% of spread bets at home in the playoffs LeBron is 32-17 (65.3%) ATS
- Golden State is 14-0 straight-up and 10-4 ATS in 2017 playoffs
- Warriors have won 29 of last 30 games (22-8 ATS)
- Favorites against LeBron in the NBA Finals are 16-8 ATS
- In the last 3 years, after a win by 10 or more points in the playoffs the Warriors are 20-12 ATS
- Since 2005, teams getting 60% or more of spread bets have gone 227-248 (47.8%), -31.2 units
- After beating LeBron in the playoffs, teams are 27-42 ATS in the next game
- Road favorites in the playoffs are 17-2 ATS this year
2017 NBA Finals
Got an idea for a winning betting system?