The Golden State Warriors routed the Cleveland Cavaliers 113-91 in Game 1 of the Finals. Kevin Durant scored 38 points and Steph Curry dropped 28 including six 3-pointers in the easy win. After a poor start to the series the Cavs will look to avoid a 0-2 deficit. Game 2 of the NBA Finals is Sunday in Oakland, here is everything you need to know.
Golden State -8
At the time of publication, per SportsInsights, 77% of spread bets are on the Warriors. That is a dramatic swing from Game 1 where more than 50% of all wagers were on the Cavaliers. In addition, Golden State is getting over 80% of spread dollars, which has caused the line to move to Dubs -8.5.
The total in Game 1 went UNDER by more than 20 points. The oddsmaker opened Game 2’s line lower but it was instantly bet down. Nearly 60% of bets are on the UNDER and the line has dropped to 220.5.
2017 NBA Playoff Trends
- Favorites: 42-32 (56.8%) ATS, +7.95 units
- Road teams: 47-27 (63.5%) ATS, +18.0 units
- Teams getting 60% or more of spread bets: 26-10 (72.2%) ATS, +14.8 units
- OVER: 44-30 (59.5%), +12.3 units
- Cleveland is 12-2 straight-up and 8-5-1 ATS in 2017 playoffs
- On the road in Game 1s LeBron is 2-11 straight-up, in all other road games he is 56-36 (61%) straight-up
- LeBron is 3-12 straight-up as a moneyline dog of +250 or greater in the playoffs. Cavs +360 in Game 2
- LeBron is 8-15 ATS as an underdog in the NBA Finals
- After a playoff loss, LeBron is 42-26 ATS in the next game
- Golden State is 13-0 straight-up and 9-4 ATS in 2017 playoffs
- Warriors have won 28 of last 29 games (21-8 ATS)
- Since 2005, playoff teams that won by double-digits and then are favored by 8 or more points in the next game have gone 59-46 (56%) ATS
- In the last 3 years, after a win by 10 or more points in the playoffs the Warriors are 19-12 ATS
- Since 2005, teams getting 60% or more of spread bets have gone 227-248 (47.8%), -31.2 units
NBA Finals Game 2
This betting system is 57% ATS, +89.2 units since 2005