The national championship game will be a rematch featuring Alabama vs. Clemson. The top ranked Tide advanced to the title game by beating Washington 24-7 while Clemson cruised in its semi-final shutting out Ohio State 31-0.
The entire season has been building to this game. With that in mind, here are trends for the College Football Playoff Championship game.
College Football Playoff Trends
- Favorites are 4-4 straight-up and 3-5 ATS
- Teams getting <50% of the bets: 5-3 ATS
- The higher seed is 6-2 ATS
- The Over is 3-5
No. 1 Alabama (-6.5) vs. No. 2 Clemson
Alabama is seeking a second straight title and Nick Saban is looking to join Bear Bryant as the only coaches to win six national championships in the poll era.
Two-time Heisman Finalist Deshaun Watson will try to lead Clemson to its first national title since 1981.Watson had 478 total yards against Bama in last year’s title game and will need another stellar performance if the Tigers are to emerge victorious.
- Against top 10 teams, Alabama is 21-12 ATS
- Against top 10 teams, Clemson is 11-3 ATS
- As an underdog against ranked teams, Clemson is 16-7 ATS
- As a favorite of 7 or more points (available at some books) getting less than 50% of the bets, Bama is 16-8 ATS
- As an underdog of 7 or more points Clemson is 6-1 ATS
College Football Playoff Championship Game
Alabama vs. Clemson on Monday night