We have reached the halfway point of the NBA season. In case you missed it, here is a recap of all the betting action.
- Favorites: 304-298 (50.5%) ATS
- Home teams: 312-287 (52.1%) ATS
- Overs: 314-291 (51.9%)
- Teams with winning records: 256-265 (49.1%) ATS
- Betting against the public (<50% of the tickets): 296-313 (48.6%) ATS
Biggest Money-line Upsets
- Grizzlies +1051 at Warriors (1/6/17)
- Grizzlies +916 at Clippers (11/16/16)
- Magic +798 at Spurs (11/29/16)
- Lakers +767 at Hawks (11/2/16)
- Suns +736 vs. Spurs (1/14/17)
- Grizzlies +736 vs. Warriors (12/10/16)
Most Profitable Teams
Memphis owns three of the biggest money-line upsets in the NBA this season but the Grizzlies aren’t the most profitable team. The Raptors have a stellar 25-14 ATS the spread record.
The Sixers are talking playoffs but just as impressive, the team is on pace for their first profitable season since 2011.
NBA MVP Race
It is a two horse race to be crowned league MVP. James Harden is the favorite after opening the season at 14/1 odds. Harden has led the Rockets to a 32-11 record, good for the third seed in the West. His main competition is from Russell Westbrook who is trying to become the first player since Oscar Robertson to average a triple-double.
NBA Rookie of the Year Odds
Who will be the 2016-17 NBA Rookie of the Year?
Ben Simmons +130
— David Solar (@TheDavidSolar) June 22, 2016
Ben Simmons was the favorite entering the season but a foot injury has prevented the No. 1 overall pick from playing. However, fellow Sixer Joel Embiid picked up the slack and is now a considerable favorite to win the award (-750, opened +1200).